Tuesday, May 31, 2011
I hope people among me respect on my personal decisions. It's not your call to make me explain things while you don't accept it and think that my explanation are unacceptable. If you don't understand what I'm going through, please, stop making assumptions and make up things with your brain.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Yesterday, I hardly sleep not because of my freaking aircond.
My aircond works fine since monday.
It's because I was hungry at night...
I'm having a jobless and boring life and lastly...
I downloaded some movies yesterday.
Can't hold my urge to watch it but anyway, I slept afterwards while the movie kept running but without voice. I watch and read the subs.
Now, I'm awake when I heard my mother talk to someone. Jump from my bed and have 2 chugs of water.
I'm like a cat who has wake up in sudden by a very, very bad dream....
Like the above.
JobStreet.com has been second favourite place after Facebook. I've been going to that site everyday like my homepage. Darn, it's not easy to find a job and hope that you got selected. Currently, I'm waiting being called or mailed for job interview. So far, no news from my two submissions.
Pfft. It's very boring to stay at home, just doing house chores everyday and become my mother's chauffeur whenever she goes. Recently, I just feel that I don't want to touch my car and go outside. I don't know and it weirds because I hardly use my car for the past three years as I wasn't driving in university vicinity. Perhaps the long travels shifting my stuffs back from Kampar has sickening me since then.
Yeah. Finally, I have shifted back all my stuffs to my house. I miss my room and it has served me very well for the pass two years. Hopefully, the next occupant will treat you nice and sound. I also miss my room back when I stayed in Westlake. I heard that until today it has not being occupied. In short, I gonna miss Kampar (if I'm not going to work there).
Okay, back to my job scavenging matter. It's hard to find one especially when you want (or asked to) stick in your hometown. I found two which are quite near to my house and need not much time for travels. Both are coincidently my favourite which deals with polymer and environmental science. The environmental company are seeking for radiation analyst but it's compatible with my qualifications.
If still no one hires me in Perak, I'm gonna think moving out either Penang or KL. My first choice is Penang as the living cost there is not as high as KL.
If not, I go to Fukushima to become radiation analyst there.
Anyway, Jobstreet has a feature where job applicant can get priority by getting attention by fellow employers. It's called 'Priority Application'. I don't know how effective that this feature can capture the attention of people who wants to hire you. Is it like this?
Hire me or else... *evil*
So, should or shouldn't I get this feature? I need to spend either RM 25 or 50 to get it.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
I'm OFFICIALLY declare myself as a graduate now!
The jump in the picture above is worthed it as today I viewed my final examination result. Although, I stuck in Second Lower Honour since my first year, I don't mind it as long as I can pass my three years in UTAR and celebrate my convocation with my fellow coursemates. For those are still pursuing, I miss you guys and hope you do your best on upcoming semester. With or without us in convocation ceremony, we still indeed know each other and became coursemates. Bon voyage, guys!
For pass few days, I was worried about one paper which I'm not prepared at the first place but it merely pass. Last Wednesday, I collect my first publishment which is my thesis...
My maroon baby here. Tee hee.
It's been a long journey to make this thesis book and don't ask me how I survived in this period. It's a long story and I'm also asking myself "Did I wrote this book?" because when I look at it, I can't believe those words in it is written in such way. I just know that I wrote this book before 2 weeks of first draft submission dateline. Initially, it was around 70 pages so it's a hard time for me to write it in such short time. Anyhow, thanks to my previous "Foong Jee Lip" who made early research job and citations in tonnes of books and journals which facilitated my 2 rushy weeks. In the end, this 86 pages thesis book is done and it looks handsome. Love it.
I wanna make a short summary about my three years life in UTAR Kampar.
First Year Semester One
- I enrolled to UTAR with the help of my senior who are based in UTAR Sg. Long. Asking her a lot of things about UTAR and she prepared me very well with guidances.
- Started blogging in Friendster and later shift to Blogger which is the origin of this blog.
- I came to UTAR Kampar with a music partner (no other intimate relationship in this matter) of mine. Started about three weeks and gotten some complications and minor misunderstanding with her. I'm sorry that both of us have to stay apart and I hope she will do well in her journey.
- Meet new coursemates. First, meet Bong Sze Hao and Teo Chea Lin. And being introduced to other fellow coursemates as well. About like 10 to 15 people.
- I was admitted to hospital due to some health complications. Friends were helpful to help me shifting my stuffs to second home.
- Some minor fight and misunderstanding among coursemates with my fellow friends. Helped, confused and end in a complicated manner. Not in my control anyway.
- Fail my first paper in General Physics but manage to survive my Algebra & Calculus subject.
- Happy to get an A- for my first laboratory subject.
- Planning to move out, again.
First Year Semester Two
- Not much difference than semester one except after having a 3 months long semester break which is kinda boring.
- Found a new (third) place to stay in Kampar. Stayed with my close friend.
- Know more fellow coursemates from activities.
- Resit my General Physics paper. Obtained astonishing result of getting a B+ for it.
- Have difficulty on Ancillary Statistic subject but with the help of my lecturer and friends, I survived this paper.
- A bit down when I see my laboratory subject when to B+
- Close to a chinese lecturer who taught Pengajian Malaysia *surprised?*. Bid farewell to him.
Second Year Semester One
- Having a lecturer who taught Environmental Science & Technology I which is quite similar to my Chemistry teacher back in Form 6. Demanding but emotionally control. Her notes were merely pictures and a few points of notes. Extra notes were written myself. Got a B+ for her paper and it's NOT tough.
- Still not satisfied with my laboratory subject. Got B+
- Have first elective paper: Organisation & Human Resource. Last minute revision for finals but got a B.
- Enrolled to French class. Good teacher but sadly I lost my language cert.
- A friend of mine advised me to know more people in the course. Friends were increased since then.
- Coursemates reckon that I'm a quite a techie in computer stuffs. Start asking me to fix computers in the class or theirs.
- Gotten a Twitter account and activately updated until today.
Second Year Semester Two
- Not much differences but the subjects were getting tougher.
- First time having an African lecturer from Nigeria. Very kind and scored an A- for his paper.
- Failed to achieve back my laboratory subject. Still B+ and it's final.
- Became part of the EXCO member of newly established Chemistry Society. Pile of jobs but enjoy back the moment of doing society stuffs. Learn lots of official things between the society and UTAR, and improved leadership skills. Get more friends from other faculties and courses.
Third Year Semester One
- Anticipating the project supervisor selection. Got what I want which is environmental studies of polymer and started a careful and organise plannings. Had guide from my senior.
- Love Environmental Science & Technology II subject and got a B- for it.
- A sudden heavy task on Factory visit but manage to savage it in last minute. Tested my ability to the max.
- Got a new handphone, E71. Have more guts to travel alone in KL city with its free GPS navigations.
- Didn't expected to travel to UTAR Setapak to do my project. Enjoy it though.
- Got a rough fight with my sister. Silent moment between us until now. Not much talk about it.
Third Year Semester Two
- No 3 months break as I stayed in Kampar to finalise my lab session of my projects. Manage to end it before Chinese New Year. Got positive outcome from it.
- Got a MySpace as a precaution step if Facebook is banned in Malaysia. In the end, no ban.
- Recognising two tough subjects. Indeed, they are very tough.
- Sudden problem among friends. Helped but useless and wasted my effort. No apologies accepted forget the existence of that person. No hope for such person.
- Didn't attend my course pre-grad dinner due to money constraint. Instead, meeting up with an anonymous junior. Glad to help him.
- Rush my thesis writing in 2 weeks time. Got a B+ for overall project. Not as I expected but it's fine.
- Trouble in one course but a relief after getting the final result.
- Having first big trip with friends to Cameron Highlands. Got experience in using a DSLR.
So, consider this as a summary? It's really a summary but long ones. There are certain events which I'm not quite remember but they remains in my memory. Some of it I wish not to mention as well. Anyhow, in this three years time, I can say it's a rough ride. There were smiles and tears behind these years and yet I managed to get over it. As I promised to my family and my beloved grandfather, I will prove myself that I can be a degree student in future.
I'm happy that I did it. And I wish to do more. Due to my result, my supervisor advised me to gain some working experience first before I continue my studies in future. I hope that my passion to further my studies will not fade away when I'm working. For now, I just need to browse more job options around the net and get one in short time. I miss lab sessions. I miss analysing things with concepts and theories. I miss popping up questions and giving possible answers in lab reports. Whatever I miss, it deals with lab.
Before I end my post, I would like to thank to all my lecturers and tutors who taught me in UTAR!
Dr. Aissa Boudjella
Ir. Chan Cheong Loong
Ms. Chan Poh Ying
Ms. Cheah Lee Fong
Dr. Chee Swee Yong
Ms. Cheng Siew May
Mr. Chin Hong Soon
Mr. Frankie Tey Chee Chieh
Ms. Geetha A/P Veerappan
Dr. Ha Sie Tiong
Dr. Hnin Pwint Aung
Mr. Ihediwa Samuel Chibundu
Ms. Kemmy Foo Kam Mee
Dr. Khoo Kong Soon
Mr. Lee Eng Heng
Mr. Lee How Chinh
Dr. Lim Chang Kiang
Dr. Lim Tuck Meng
En. Muhamad Azhar Bin Zulkeply
Dr. Neo Kian Eng
Dr. Ong Siew Teng
Dr. Saravanan Nagalingam
Ms. Shanthi A/P Nadarajah
Dr. Sim Kooi Mow
Mr. Soon Lii Chyi
Dr. Tan Chew Khun
Dr. Tan Shu Min
Mr. Yeoh Hong Beng
Dr. Yip Foo Win
You shaped me, teach me and guide me to become a degree student of Chemistry. I will always remember you all! Not forgetting, the other coursemates and friends. Thanks for being there for me when I need you guys. You guys rocks and I have no regrets to meet you all. Maybe a small regret to minorities but they taught me the existence of such people in my life. Friends or foes, still a thanks.
Friday, May 20, 2011
It's quite famous these days when we are talking about social networking. I'm sure the first word that pop ups in your mind about is "Facebook". Sorry to say that certain countries has banned the usage of Facebook but I can say Facebook indeed a very good place to find friends, reconnect with old ones and making business interactions.
It's true that nowadays most of the companies like Apple and even McDonalds have their Facebook pages. It's essential for them to have such thing as they can acquire feedbacks and comments just a few clicks of buttons on keyboard from their respective customers. Plus, the adverts carried out in social networking is very effective and viral as we know that interesting stuffs can attract fellow internet users by their headlines and summarised description.
Another social networking site that kinda do the same but with added mobility and simplicity features. Let me hint you. "140 characters left".
If you are a hip in social networking, it's Twitter.
Yes. It's very good and a necessity for a blogger to have. For me, I have no time in the pass to write blog posts as most of my readers demanded more pictures rather than words. In the addition of editing each pictures that I'm going to post and thinking the post contents that is enthusiastic, it's a long duration job. So, Twitter is helpful as a microblog. To go to my Twitter account, you go to have a look and follow me by clicking one of the tab above my site.
Since last year, my advert revenue provider, Nuffnang has opened another sister company called ChurpChurp. Let me explain how it works.
Just like Nuffnang, ChurpChurp will receive requests from people to put out their ads. So, instead of working in blogs and websites, ChurpChurp dominates the social networking world like Facebook, Twitter and so on. Because we used to spread news and updates to our friends, it's another good way to spread these advertisements. Even you don't have a Twitter account, Facebook and other stuffs such as Vimeo, Yahoo and Youtube can be your portal to spread adverts.
To start, you just need to post their adverts with your personalised words and certain tag words that the advertiser requires such as tagwords in Twitter or given shortlinked websites. You just tweet or updates all the way until you got clicks from your friends or your own when you or your friends saw the interesting offer from your updates. Let the pictures do the talk, shall we? :)
About the earning, you have to earn until RM 100 at least for cash out and how do you earn it? I'm still confused on it but I'm earning currently day by day. This earning method is only applicable to Malaysians and Singaporeans currently.
Since I'm sure that most of people can't live without internet and especially Facebook or Twitter like me. Making it as a 'Must-do' daily basis. In fact, my homepage is Facebook.
Like pumping drugs of social networking. It's simple to spend 5 to 10 minutes spreading some adverts and earn day by day. Although it's very slow to earn at the first place but you will build up a sum of money. To startup, you can click the picture below or here.
Turn to earning little birdie (if you're a Twitter) by kicking out the old ones. Good news for existing Nuffnangers that you need not to do new registration. Just go to your Nuffnang status page and link from there.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Hi guys! It's been exactly a week after my final test. I just got my draft thesis back and corrected it last night and it's looking good as it came back with lesser mistakes and need to additional words for my figures in the text.
So currently I'm tuning back my body clock by having nap in the evening and wake up about 5-6 am everyday as I'm sleeping earlier. I just arrive back to my uni town (Kampar) and gonna pack a few things back later such as my thick reference books, piles of files of my previous 3 years degree momento and hopefully I get to see my supervisor to check out my lab stuffs. Now, even my master senior has got a job and move out from his office in the campus. Lucky him that he found a job but not his girlfriend who still undergo master studies.
Anyway, in next week time, I will come back to Kampar occasionally to shift things back one by one and leaving soon my third home in Kampar. Sigh, it has been more than two years I stayed here and it's like just a glimpse for me as if I started staying yesterday back in 2009. Well, time really fly fast and I need to catch up to move on.
So, I'm gonna update the previous to do list:-
Varsity coursemate vacation to Cameron Highlands A reunion from my former secondary school classmates
- One or two trips with my family
Getting back my second draft of my thesis, make any modifications (if present) and finalised the hard copy of thesis
- Attending my primary school classmate's wedding reception
- Fixing computer
- Looking for permanent job around Perak (if possible)
- More to come...
The list won't stop piling up in the future. For now, I just hope to get my final result and pass on to convocation without resit any papers. Pray hard for me...
By the way guys, I'm on the weekly competition toward Nikon D5100 Extra Ordinary Angle Contest and I posted the picture above so please help to click "Like" button in this link. I have another few uploads but this one steals the scene the most which I took it with D3000.
A hopeful competition towards the winning of Nikon D5100.
(Credits to Engadget.com)
Opps. A tear down but the feature that interest me is the swivel pop up screen. If not, at least I might win the weekly price of Nikon CaptureNX2 software.
You can join as well by simply connect the contest site to your Facebook account and send your original shot (from your camera, not edited ones). But remember...
Like mine! You can click to the big button above to proceed for voting! :)
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Column chromatography fractions from master senior
It's gonna a relief soon since I have another one test left. The one I love the most. So, after the test, there are tonnes of things to do such as:-
- Varsity coursemate vacation to Cameron Highlands
- A reunion from my former secondary school classmates
- One or two trips with my family
- Getting back my second draft of my thesis, make any modifications (if present) and finalised the hard copy of thesis of three.
- Attending my primary school classmate's wedding reception
- Fixing computer
- Looking for permanent job around Perak (if possible)
- Much more...
The list can go on and on without any warnings so I must be prepared. Talking about my previous exam, my ACC exam went bizarre so I hope I won't get any bad news from it. I want to grad with my beloved coursemates and straight to get a permanent job.
In the mean time, I still got the last revision for my finals. So wish me good luck and hope that I can end my varsity life as I need to move on to another chapter of life.
Reminding me of one of my former coursemate Emel asking me, "Will you change your blog name after you got graduated from UTAR?" Now, the answer will be "Maybe". Because if I'm staying in UTAR to work, it will remain the same plus I still want to help those people around the globe who wants to enrol to UTAR for further studies so yeah, "Maybe". If not, I already prepared a new name for my blog.
Wait till you see my decision. The future is the answer of everything.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Front of UTAR Library (Block G)
Just passed by the second week and now I'm in the third week in Kampar. Now, just stealing some time to blog a bit on my experience lately. I had passed the two tests:- Entrepreneurship and The Industrial Organic & Natural Products Chemistry paper which on last Friday and Tuesday (this week). I had a rough ride in the revision and seems all are in the last minutes.
For entrepreneurship paper, I hope I can score since the paper is not that bad. I like the case study because it's understandable and easy to find the points that I want to write for the questions. Comparing to the previous case study I had in OHR paper, I hate it. The case study is about soccer team management. Why I hate it? First, I'm not a fan of soccer and second, I don't understand even a single things in soccer sports team. All I know is there is a goalkeeper and other ball chasing dudes (players). But somehow, I did go on that paper.
On the second paper (Organic chemistry), I had a hard feeling during the revision because there are tonnes of things to practice and memorise. No, according to my lecturer, it's not memorising but it's recognising it. Duh, it means the same but sound better because the word 'memorise' is the hard way to study. So, in the end, the paper is quite tough. Manage to savage those questions I know plus those who I shoot randomly with my M-16 in my mind. In the end, I found that I wrote quite a lot of serendipity answers. The answers that make sense to me.
Now, I'm still preparing myself of the next paper which is gonna happen in the next few hours. Another tough ones but I hope I can deal it. The last paper is Polymer Chemistry which is my strongest Science course I had for these last semester. It is because I prep myself earlier for this course as it helps my final year project on thesis writing. Thanks to my senior, Elaine who borrowed me with her notes plus minor guidances on the side notes.
Okay. I think I blurt quite long in such a short time. Till then, wait for my next post on my final week.
P.S.: I'm a bit homesick now and it has struck me since last week. So, I miss my daddy and mommy. Hope that my staying in Kampar is worthful for the sake of the damn finals.